Frequently Asked Questions

Garbage and Recycling Info

GFL Environment 1-800-248-2373

Open burning of leaves, weeds, brush, stumps, clean wood, other vegetative debris is allowed with a permit in accordance with the town’s ordinance 231-7. A Buring Permit is REQUIRED. Burn Permits are obtained from the Edgerton Fire Fire Protection District at, 612 N Main St., Edgerton, WI (608) 884-3327

YES. Annual permits are issued by the Edgerton Fire Department at no charge, and must be issued by the Fire Department prior to burning. Annual permit expires on Dec. 31st of each calendar year.

Town Services

The PSC has maps that allow you to determine what utility or phone company serves your given area. Click on this link to look up what utility serves your area:

The Building Inspector for the Town of Fulton is:
David Geraths – (608) 697-7776/cell
General Engineering Company/Building Inspection Division

The Consolidated Koshkonong Sanitary District (CKSD) contact number is (608) 868-7191

The Lake District webpage

The Edgerton Reporter

Call (608) 868-2814

The Town Hall is located at the intersection of Hwy. 51 and County M. If you need additional directions, feel free to contact the Clerk/Treasurer at (608) 868-4103.


ALL tax payments are to be paid to the Rock County Treasurers Office, 51 S. Main Street, Janesville, WI 53545. Checks should be made out to the Rock County Treasurer.  Their phone # is 608-757-5670

Rock County Treasurer

Town Election

Go to
At that website you can:  Register to Vote; Submit an Absentee Request, Change Your Address, Check Your Voter Information.

Or, you may:
Stop by the Town office during normal business hours to fill out a voter registration form, or download it from our “Election Information” section of the website. For purposes of voter registration, a form of identification constitutes acceptable proof of residence if it includes:

1. A current and complete name, including both the given and family name; and

2. A current and complete residential address, including a numbered street address, if any, and the name of a municipality. PROOF OF RESIDENCE The following constitute acceptable Proof-of-Residence if the document contains the information specified above:

1. A Wisconsin motor vehicle operator’s license.

2. A Wisconsin identification card.

3. Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit or by an employer in the normal course of business, but not including a business card.

4. A credit card or plate.

5. A library card.

6. A check-cashing or courtesy card issued by a merchant in the normal course of business.

7. A real estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.

8. A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes election day.

9. A university, college or technical institute fee card.

10. A university, college or technical institute identification card.

11. An airplane pilot’s license.

12. A gas, electric or telephone service statement for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before election day.

Town Licenses

Stop by the Town office during normal business hours. Be sure to bring proof of current rabies vaccination information with you, or you may mail a copy of the current vaccination with the license fee, ($6 for altered dogs, $13 for unaltered dogs) and the Clerk will mail the tag back to you.